DATES: AUGUST 9, 10,11, 2019
ADDRESS: RAGGED MOUNTAIN, MT. SUNAPEE, & MT. KEARSARGE
DISTANCES: 75 MILE 3-DAY STAGE RACE & 50K RACE
START TIMES: STAGE RACE- 7:00 AM / 50K- 7:00 AM (SUNDAY)
COST: 75 MILE STAGE RACE
SIGN UP BEFORE Dec 31ST $325
SIGN UP AFTER Dec 31ST $350
SIGN UP BEFORE Dec 31ST $70
SIGN UP AFTER Dec 31ST $75
REGISTER: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
(price increases the longer you wait, so sign up now!)
The Ragged 75 Stage Race is a challenging 75-mile race with approximately 15,500 feet of elevation gain that includes very technical single-track, steep climbs & descents, double track, fire roads, dirt/gravel roads & pavement. Generous cut-offs and a very supportive family environment help determined hikers to make it through successfully. We have also reduced the price to make the race financially accessible to more people. We have also added a 50k on Sunday to make the race accessible to folks who can not get away for 3 days.
The race predominantly follows a 75-mile loop of hiking trails, surrounding Lake Sunapee in Western/Central, NH called the SRKG Greenway (Sunapee Ragged Kearsage Greenway).
For the 3 day stage race, Competitors will complete a point-to-point trail of approximately 22 miles in Stage 1 (summiting Mt. Ragged & Mt. Kearsarge), 25 miles in Stage 2 (summiting Mt. Sunapee) and 33 miles in Stage 3.
For the 50k, Competitors will complete a point-to-point trail of approximately 33 miles and 6,300 ft of vertical
The course is great, but the stage format and support from the race organization is what makes this event special and unique. We really try hard to create a family atmosphere and be as supportive as we can to the racers. There is a detailed course briefing each night in which experiences from the day are also shared.
Overnight Camping for the first night will be at the Kearsage Middle school and the Overnight camping on the second night will be at Sunapee Middle High School with access to bathrooms, showers, the gym and electricity. At the end of the first two stages, spend your free time recovering and enjoying the camaraderie of fellow competitors, family, and friends. For those wanting a different type of challenge and an intimate race experience…, we look forward to seeing you in August.
*** Because we are so far out from this race some small changes may be made. All changes will be updated and an email will be sent.***
* Thursday Aug 8th: Event check-in is 6pm
* Friday Aug 9th: Race Start is 7:00am
* Saturday Aug 10th: Race Start is 7:00 am
* Sunday Aug 11th: Stage Race Start is 7:00 am / 50k Start time is 7:00 am
* Time Limit Each Day: 12 hours
STAGE 1 (22 miles and 4,900 ft of vertical gain) – Friday, August 9, 2019:
* Race Start Location: Ragged Mountain – 620 Ragged Mountain Rd, Danbury, NH 03230*
6:00-6:30am: Competitor Check-In
* 6:30am – Deadline for Duffel Bags / coolers to be loaded onto truck for transport to overnight location. Each competitor will be allowed up to one Back pack / Duffel Bag. Please limit weight to less than 40 lbs.
* 7:00am – RACE START – Competitors will ascend Ragged and Kearsarge Mountains to Finish Line at Kearsage Middle School.
* 7:00pm – 1st day cutoff
STAGE 2 (25 miles and 4,375 ft of vertical gain) – Saturday, August 10, 2019
* 6:00-6:30am: Competitor Check-In (Note: Competitors must sleep overnight in the accommodations provided by the race)
* 6:30am –Deadline for Stage & Finish Line Drop Bags to be placed in designated location
*7:00am – RACE START -Kearsage Middle School, competitors will travel approx. 25 miles on the SRKG trail up and over Mt. Sunapee to overnight location at Sunapee Middle High School
* 7:00pm – 2nd day cutoff at Sunapee Middle High School (10 North Rd, Sunapee, NH 03782)
STAGE 3 / 50K (33 miles and 6,300 ft of vertical gain) – Sunday, August 11, 2019
* 6:00-6:30am: Competitor Check-In (Note: Stage Race Competitors must sleep overnight in the accommodations provided by the race)
* 6:30am – Deadline for Duffel Bags to be loaded onto truck for transport to Race Finish
* 7:00am – Ragged 75 RACE START – From the Sunapee Middle/High School, race approx. 33 miles along the SRKG trail to the Northern Rail Trail to designated Finish line at Ragged Mountain
7:00am- Ragged 50k RACE START – From the Sunapee Middle/High School, race approx. 33 miles along the SRKG trail to the designated Finish line at Ragged Mountain
* 7:00pm – END OF RACE – Ragged Mountain 620 Ragged Mountain Rd, Danbury, NH 03230
On Sunday morning you have two options.
1) Have someone drop you off at the Start line and meet you at the finish.
2) You may park your car at Ragged Mtn. We will have buses waiting for you . They will leave at 5:30am and get you to the starting line at 6:15ish. (Start is at 7AM at Sunapee Middle school) This way when you finish you will have your car already there.
Mandatory & Recommended Gear – Stage Race ONLY
Given the rigors and format of this event, EACH COMPETITOR will be required to carry a small amount of gear at all times. This is subject to change depending on race conditions.
* Cell phone (one can generally find cell phone coverage on this course – text message is the most reliable) – this is to be used only for the purposes of contacting race staff in the event of an emergency
* Hydration Pack sufficient to carry all mandatory gear
* Hydration Reservoir or Bottle capacity to carry a minimum of 70 oz of fluids
* Waterproof Jacket – a fully waterproof, fully seam sealed (seams must be covered in waterproofing tape). Windbreaker or water resistant jackets are NOT acceptable
* Course Maps/Descriptions – PROVIDED BY RACE (section trail maps no longer required) you received them in the mail. bring them with you.
* Compass – as a safety precaution should you lose the trail. Watch or Phone Compasses meet the requirement
* Medical Kit / Blister Kit:
Adventure Medical Kits Ultralight & Watertight .5 First Aid Kit
* Lip Sunscreen
* Insect Repellant
* Sleeping Bag
* Sleeping Pad
* Tent – unless choosing to sleep on Gym Floor
* Camp Towel
* Camp Chair
* Headlamp – for nighttime use
* Short Sleeve Technical Shirts (2-3)
* Shorts (1-2 pair)
* Trail Running Shoes – preferably with good treads for technical terrain
* Flip-Flops for around camp
* Socks (3-4 pair) – fresh pair recommended for each stage
* Compression Socks
* Running Cap – to protect against the sun
* GPS Watch
* Food – race fuel, breakfast, snacks, dinner (Breakfast/Dinner package can be purchased separately). There will be food provided at the end of Stage 3
What is Included in the Registration Fee?
* Camping at Sunapee Middle High School the night BEFORE the Race (NOT required) – if sleeping there Thursday night, racers are still responsible for their own transportation to the start line * Overnight Accommodations at Sunapee Middle High School during the race (bring own tent or sleep on gym floor)
* Course Maps
* Camp Kitchen with double burner Coleman stoves (ready to go), pots and pans, large utensils, water, prep tables and a dishwashing station. You will need to provide your food, dishes and personal utensils. One microwave will also be available for your use (weather dependant)
* Race Jacket
* Fully Stocked Aid Stations – 1 in Stage 1, 1 in Stage 2, 4 aid station and 1 water only in Stage 3
* Camp Showers
* Post Race Celebration with Food & BEER
* Pint Glass
Rules & Regulations
We understand that despite the intent, plans change, injuries happen, etc. However, we also plan and incur costs based on registrations so late cancellations in particular are very challenging if refunds were granted. Please recognize this and do not ask for special consideration. If notice of cancellation is received 45 days or more before the event, Racers will receive a refund of the total fees paid less US$75. NO REFUNDS will be granted for cancellations received less than 45 days before the event. BUT we will offer a credit of $75 to a future event (if one occurs). Service Fees assessed directly by Ultrasignup are NOT refundable.
MAXIMUM # of RACERS
To protect the intimate, family atmosphere of the Stage Race event, we are cutting the registration cap to only 100 racers (with an allowance of up to an additional 5 spots for Race Veterans).
There is no Max number of racers for the 50k.
This is a limited support event. Competitors must carry enough food and electrolytes to be self-sufficient for each stage. We will have a midway Aid Station each day to symbolize the half-way point of the stage and to provide, water, food and first aid. Stage 3 has 4 aid stations. There will also be one water drop per stage.
Each competitor will be allowed one 90-Liter duffel bag and cooler that we will transport from the Start of the race to the next nights camp. The duffel bag should include additional food, electrolytes, clothes, sleeping bag and other items you will need during the course of the event
We encourage family & friends to gather at the end of each stage to cheer you on and hang-out during the day. We will identify a few other locations that family & friends can cheer you on during the stage. Please note: there is NO OUTSIDE support allowed during each stage.
Post Race Party
The Finish line and after Party will be at the Ragged Mountain Resort. We encourage any and all of your family and friends to attend.
There will be an All American Cookout – Buffet Style
BBQ chicken breasts & thighs, Hotdogs, Burgers & fixings, veggie burgers, Pulled pork
Corn on the cobb, Garden salad assorted dressings, Pesto pasta salad, Potato & bean salad
Coleslaw tarragon maple vinaigrette
Water Station near bar area
There will also be a Cash Bar in Stone Hearth Lodge
This is all included with the registration fee. IF spectators and family would like to join it will be $20 per person.